It was Cinco de Mayo and we enjoyed homemade margaritas, salsa, guacamole, and other Mexican-inspired yumminess.
Today I whipped up some pico de gallo and thought I’d share the recipe as we get closer to the weekend, May 5, and the Cinco de Mayo celebration! If you’re craving some heat in your life, forage in your fridge and cupboard and you can make some of this too!
|Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa recipe||
- 14 oz fresh tomatoes, ½” diced
- ½ to 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 4-6 heads of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely minced fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Optional spices you may add, to taste: cumin, chili powder
- Combine all ingredients well, and serve.
- For best results taste your mixture as you go and adjust according to your preferences.
- The flavors combine well if you make a day ahead and refrigerate overnight.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo a todos!
Do you have a favorite Mexican recipe? Please share!